1. What are the benefits of oral conscious sedation dentistry?
Oral conscious sedation dentistry is a wonderful solution for
anybody who wants to have a dental procedure performed without
having the discomfort, anxiety, or fear that can be associated with
some dental visits.
Oral conscious sedation dentistry is very safe, and it is easy to
monitor patients who are sedated. Also, oral conscious sedation
dentistry is one of the lower cost forms of sedation dentistry,
which means you can pay less for the same benefits.
2. Who is a good sedation dentistry candidate?
Nearly anybody is a good sedation dentistry candidate. In fact if
you need extensive dental work performed, sedation dentistry may be
recommended so that more procedures can be completed during your
visit. You are a possible sedation dentistry candidate if you:
- Fear the dentist office
- Hate needles
- Hate the sound of the dentist office
- Have sensitive teeth
- Have painful teeth
- Have extensive or complex dental problems
- Have muscle spasms
- Have a bad gag reflex
- Have difficulty getting numb
- Have anxiety about the dentist
- Have a busy schedule
3. What will my visit be like?
Due to the sedative effects of oral conscious sedation, you will
need to have someone drive you to and from our office. During your
visit you will feel very relaxed and unaware of the treatment. After
ward, you will not be able to remember much of the visit, but you
will feel refreshed and pleasant without many of the post numbing
effects of other dental visits.
4. Can any general dentist provide sedation dentistry?
No, very few, in fact. Not all general dentists can provide